Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Serena Williams wants "Fed Cup" to be in a year

The world number one Serena Williams joined the people of tennis player wanting changes in the shape and timing of the team tournament "Fed Cup".

"Ideally, the race should be held once every two years. I wish to participate in any match of the United States, but often it prevents me from the preparation and participation in other tournaments," said Serena on her personal website, quoted by Associated Press.

"However, I`m always ready to play for my country. I always rub it hard, if I miss a match for" Fed Cup, "added Williams.

She failed to bring the victory for the US in her visit Italy. Serena recorded two wins in singles, but in the couples with Alison Riske suffered her first loss ever in a team competition and the hosts won with 3-2.

At the end of January, Maria Sharapova announced that it is folly to play "Fed Cup" immediately after the Grand Slam and called for a change of frequency. And other elite female players supported the Russian.

No comments:

Post a Comment